Water and Sanitation
Ideas for exploring water and sustainability through your link developed by the Angereb-Backwell school partnership.
Note: Not all the links mentioned in these activities are still available, but the materials contain many useful ideas and resources – eg. the data comparison table for water use in the UK and the Ethiopian school (Lesson 3 resource)
Sustainability and Water Use – Resources from the Angereb-Backwell Partnership
An innovative, Geography and Science based project examining water use in both communities. The resources below are available for use in your own partnership. More resources will be added as they are created. For support on implementing a similar project in your partnership, please contact Link Ethiopia. Many thanks to Isobel George and Amlaku Negash for sharing these resources.
- About the project – Presentation - Angereb-Backwell
- Lesson 1 – Presentation - Getting to know you
- Lesson 1 – Worksheet – Global Passport
- Lesson 1 – Worksheet – Diversity
- Lesson 2 – Presentation - Our water supply
- Lesson 2 – Worksheet – Water use
- Lesson 3 – Presentation - Water managment in UK&Ethiopia
- Lesson 3 – Worksheet – Water management
- Lesson 3 – Data comparison
- Water and Sanitation (all files combined)