A contrasting locality overseas – Gondar
This resource introduces a distant locality through housing, cooking and going to school. It is based on Gondar, a busy town in Ethiopia. It focuses on knowledge and understanding of Ethiopian life, similarities and differences between Gondar and the children’s locality and the effects of change in a less developed country. It is picture and discussion-based and can be differentiated by outcome for different age groups.
- Gondar – Lesson Plan - A contrasting locality overseas
- Session 1 Gondar – Presentation - Where is Gondar?
- Session 2 Gondar – Presentation - Welcome to Gondar
- Session 3 Gondar – Presentation - School in Gondar
- Session 1-3 Gondar Worksheets
- Session 4 Injera Recipe
- Session 4 Worksheet
- A Contrasting Local Overseas – Gondar