We are seeking a high calibre intern/volunteer to develop our communications and fundraising work in key areas, including our school linking & child sponsorship programmes, as well as our events, individual giving and associated project work.
You would be working closely with our Links & Communications Manager and our Fundraising Manager, as part of a small, friendly team at our London head office near Finsbury Park Station. The position would suit a motivated, resourceful individual looking to gain a range of experiences in a fast-growing and important sector of education and international development.
The position is part-time (Monday-Friday) though full-time is possible for the right candidate. It is unpaid but an expenses allowance of up to £5 per day is available.
Below are examples of the tasks that you will lead or support on:
- Coordinating social media policy, content development and content distribution
- Developing marketing materials for supporters
- Updating and developing web content
- Marketing overseas volunteering, summer school programs and tours of Ethiopia
School linking programme:
- Communicating with UK schools for updates, support and encouragement
- Researching and recruiting new schools
- Creating and sending information to schools (welcome packs, curriculum materials, posters, noticeboard materials, annual school update sheets)
- Improving learning resources & creating new lesson activities/plans
- Developing internal Guideline document(s)
Child sponsorship programme:
- Recruiting individuals connected to our School Links, Volunteering & Tours programmes to sponsor
- Research for new sponsorship recruitment
- Research into different sponsorship models
- Creating and sending information and marketing materials to sponsors (welcome packs, updates)
- Research new sources of funding, identify suitable donors for new applications and manage the donor database
- Produce research to guide future funding applications and project design
- Plan and organise fundraising and donor events
- Ensure all donors are thanked in a timely manner
- Research into project design, feasibility and direction
- Project monitoring and evaluation support; report writing, impact assessment, liaising with Ethiopia-based team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including confidence with the English language
- Proven ability to work independently and manage own workload
- Evidence of a methodical approach, excellent attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft packages, including Word and Excel
- Motivated self-starter, with a friendly, helpful attitude
- Share Link Ethiopia’s vision and mission
- A relevant degree and/or experience in International Development, Development Education, Education or other related field
- Experience of using design programmes such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Experience of working with online WordPress website platform
- Experience of fundraising, with individuals and/or organisations
- Administrative experience, including using databases
- Experience managing social media accounts and/or blogging
- Experience of volunteering
To apply please use the form below to send your CV and 1-page covering letter outlining your suitability for the role based on the job and person specifications. If you have any problems or questions please email [email protected] Interviews will be held on a rolling basis.