Hello again from the Projects and Fundraising Team here at Link Ethiopia!
Last year, in ‘Sowing the seeds for future Ethiopian Olympians’ we told you about the fantastic partnership between The Hilden Charitable Trust Fund and Link Ethiopia – aiming to improve schools and pupils’ educational performance through sport.
The Hilden Trust funded the successful Sports Initiative in seven of our Northern Schools, which provided 46 students with a week of training in several sports including football and basketball, as well as providing sports materials and kits for the participating schools.
Due to the huge success of the Sports Initiative, a follow up project in partnership with the Bishoftu Sports Commission was implemented, and thanks to another amazing contribution of £5,000 from the Hilden Charitable Fund we were able to:
- Provide sports equipment to 7 of our Southern schools, which provided access to sporting equipment for approximately 16,000 pupils.
- Provide Sports Ministry endorsed training to 50 students.
- Provide sports kits to 4 schools, benefiting around 120 pupils.
- Organise the sponsorship of a football team from two individual donors, as well as coaching from a Link Ethiopia volunteer.
- Hold a Project Celebration in June with over 45 attendants from the Bisoftu town and Zonal administration, Sports Commission, Head of Education Office and other officers from the Educational Office, participating schools and students. The event was filmed by Oromiya (regional) television with interviews of participants, Sports Commission Officers and Link Ethiopia Officials.
Follow the link to view some footage from our amazing Project Celebration : Project Celebration
We hope that similar success and momentum can be achieved through our other projects. If you or your group are interested in funding a project, or if you would like more information about the types of project we fund and get in contact with our Projects & Fundraising Manager, Shree Mandke, at [email protected].
Thanks for reading and keep checking our blog in the future for more successes from Link Ethiopia!
Fundraising and Projects Team